Winter 2018 anime
- - A Place Further etc: slow, but got surprisingly endearing. Was going mock it with "Girls Polar Expedition Club", but it does look like it has more thought behind it.
- Ms. Koizumi Loves Ramen Noodles: Girls Ramen Club
- - Laid-Back Camp: Girls Camp Club, except it involves bicycle camping, helpful tips, and I liked the joke at the end. Tip: you can take hot rocks out of the fire and put them under your seat or bag for warmth with less of the smell or sparks.
- Katana Maidens ~ Toji No Miko: Girls magic sword fighting club
- Record of Grancrest War: Girls war record Club, but fast moving enough to get another episode.
- - Junji Ito Collection: one might question the choice to start a horror animation with a comedy and something that is literally not animated
- * Cardcaptor Sakura: Clear Card: Although any Li is too much Li in my opinion, perfection
- Pop Team Epic: I was sick of it by the first fake ending. Never got the 4-koma, either.
- Slow Start: well, it did warn you about the slowness. generic
- Sanrio Boys: better than you'd think, but still major fujioshi vibe
- citrus: rapey
- School Babysitters: less fujioshi, but not sure what else it has.
- Basilisk: The Ouka Ninja Scrolls: I liked the 2005 series, except that it seemed to go down hill. This continues the trend.
- The Ryuo's Work is Never Done!: didn't learn anything about shogi, so no.
- KARAKAI JOZU NO TAKAGI-SAN: cute, but pointless.
- Maerchen Maedchen: Girls Maerchen Club
- How to Keep a Mummy: Girls Mummy Club
- * Hakata Tonkotsu Ramens: Boys Murder Club meets Boys Sleaze Club, hijinks ensue
- Death March to the Parallel World Rhapsody: Boys Stuck in video game Club. Slow, Light Novel-y, but does promise cat-girls
- HAKYU HOSHIN ENGI: apparently a second manga adaptation. seems shouty
- - DARLING in the FRANXX: SF Weirdness, also slightly irritating.
This modern world has driven me to despair, but Binchou-tan is always genki
Project Binchou-stan continued in a holding pattern. It might just be because it is currently -10C and I have a hot water bottle under my blanket and my hands are still freezing, but I would consider moving to a warmer climate. I don't have so much money that I could move or equip a new household and buy a shack in Hawaii or someplace on a whim, and not enough willpower to actually move. Still only working part time, though I think that mostly means I just don't get paid a lot, but I also really can't work more than 2 8-hour days in a row.
A pre-post-apocalyptic theme that I am shamelessly stealing from Susumu Hirasawa. It continues the trend of making the text increasingly hard to read. Not sure as I can top this one. (If you were wondering: I generally don't read my own site. I grep the source files for titles so I can remember if I saw/read it. I was pretty sure nobody else is reading it either, but here you are.)
My sole remaining career goal is to live in a shack in the woods. No more resumes!
-- Patrick Phelan, now more than ever. w____\\W//___w Te Hupenui You should have bought a squirrel http://fantod.x10.bz/